Friday, February 29, 2008

Hubby's Away

So Lowell has been away since yesterday and arrives home tomorrow at suppertime.  Yay!  I forgot what it was like when he would travel all the time.  I have been doing a lot of driving this week and not getting a lot accomplished on the home front and I'm exhausted!  I can't imagine if the children were in a lot of outside activities. Samuel and Timothy have still been insulating our friend's basement and are almost done.  They put a full day in today and they feel rather proud of themselves for it (and so am I).

I was just talking to Lowell and he is now coming home at noon!  I think I will let him surprise the children.  Elyse wants to make a big "Welcome Home" poster for him.  We are so pathetic. We miss our daddy/husband even when he goes into town for a few hours.  Usually, Levi has to phone him a couple of times and ask him when he is getting home.  When he does eventually get home some of the children will get into the sprinting position in the entry way and tackle him as soon as he enters the door. 

 I must admit I am not always eagerly rushing to him as soon as he enters the door.  Sometimes, I have been frustrated because the day had not gone according to plan, the children weren't all  that cooperative, something else broke, and I have not been able to go for my walk/run.  My attitude has been "thank goodness your home"and then proceed to "tell on the kids".  Ladies,  how often have we had this attitude?  Our home should be a haven for our families and especially our husbands as they retreat from the pressures and demands of the work world.  We have in our capacity the ability to create a peaceful atmosphere with the resources given to us.  But  it doesn't end there. If the presence of the Holy Spirit is not welcome, it doesn't matter how beautiful and clean your home is.  When He abides with us we can experience His peace which surpasses all understanding.  God promises in His word, "Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusts in Thee." (Is 26:3-4)  Our attitude affects everyone around us.  May we have joyful hearts and countenances!  When we are exhausted may our anthem be "The joy of the Lord is my strength"!  May we have His active living Word in our hearts and minds throughout the day. 

 I'll leave you all with a quote from Nancy Campbell from her book, The Power of Motherhood: "Self pity drains all your energy! The joy of the Lord fills you with strength!" I pray for myself and for you that we would declare Exodus 15:2 "He is my God , and I will prepare Him a habitation".

No comments: